Sunday, October 20, 2013

The British vegetarian who has a phobia of vegetables and fruits

Leave a Comment
A woman claims not to eat any fruit or vegetable for 21 years for being afraid of these foods. Dee Vyas, 34 years, living in London, developed this phobia for being forced to eat vegetables as a child.

The woman does not eat any vegetable or piece of fruit for more than 20 years, which of course will cause health problems. "I panic if I see any fruit or vegetable on my plate," she says. "The tomatoes make me shudder and bananas make me shudder."

The irony of all this is that Dee also doesn't eat meat or fish. "I've never been able to stand the smell, the taste or the texture of the flesh," he explains. "But as long as I can remember, also retreated before the vision of fruits and vegetables."

This was not just a question of childish rebelliousness-Dee couldn't even look at these foods, even being forced to ingest them. At the age of 12 years, finally, stopped eating and, since then, never even played in one.

Enter a simple supermarket can be a traumatizing experience for this woman â€" just look at the Hall of vegetables make her feel bad. Upon such phobia, Dee survives based on a very unhealthy diet â€" eat rice, pasta, soft drinks, chocolate, crisps, cheese and cereals.

Dee is overweight, but still unable to adopt a healthier diet. "Even at work can be embarrassing, because I don't want to call the attention of my colleagues to my Lunchbox, which usually contains a packet of crisps, a chocolate bar and a soda." In a few days, your lunch is just hot chocolate or coffee.

"I'm limited to foods that, unfortunately, are unhealthy," laments Dee. "I was warned by my doctor to eat more healthy, but I just can't."

With a history of diabetes in the family, your diet puts it under a higher risk of developing the disease. In addition, the issue also impacts their social life, since most of the time you have to eat alone, away from the danger of extraneous meals.

This unusual phobia affects thousands of people in Britain, and treatments include a "psychological reprogramming", to control the response of the patient to see unwanted food.



If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 comments:

Post a Comment